Sunday 27 March 2016

Creating Interior Fabric Design



Digitally Printed fabric, over printed & dyed
So creating various layered effects on my digitally printed fabric is starting to create a very interesting look and feel!

I have decided to use a variation of binders and dyes to create the layers as I want to show as much as I can through one single piece of fabric without over crowding the main design. so by using simple line work or tyre marks to over print is proving successful. I have also experimented with
sewing effects.
sewing colour palette
sewing/ stitching into the fabric which has given the whole fabric a very structured woven piece of fabric, it almost starts to implicate the race drivers clothing, as the stitching is very structured and looks padded.  so I intend to carry these effects on and strengthen the design patterns with stitch to highlight areas as well as adding a bright colour into the whole design.

No comments:

Post a Comment